Chief Financial Officer of a growing brand name company based in Cleveland, Ohio
We are a well-known lower middle market public company going through an exciting time of organizational excellence reset and are looking for an experienced and growth-mindset finance and business professional to join our team as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) immediately.
The CFO is an essential part of the leadership team and is responsible for the oversight and guidance of all activities related to accounting, finance, compliance, information technology and banking relationships. We are looking for a forward thinking and strategic minded individual who understands what it means to be the absolute best and one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and provide guidance as the company delivers double digit revenue and earnings growth.
The primary responsibilities of the CFO include strategic and operational planning and development; improving the business through insightful analysis; managing the finance, IT and HR activities; directing the preparation of all financial reports; analyzing operating results; maintaining relationships with outside financial organizations as well as ensuring compliance, proactively analyze and make recommendations on inventory, pricing, investment opportunities, and cost initiatives. Must be able to work with the audit committee of the board of directors on selected matters and the management team to develop financial plans and projections, prepare, analyze, and interpret all current, renewal, and new business and capital expenditure proposals.
- MBA or CPA credentials are required.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of diversified financial/accounting experience
- Prior CFO experience is desired but not a must
- Prior Controllership or Finance Director experience is a must
- Experience in a publicly-traded company is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience leading accounting and finance, IT, and HR teams
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance, and SEC reporting.
- Ability to manage and/or upgrade the accounting system. Systems implementation experience preferred.
- “Hands-On” ERP Systems experience
- In-depth understanding of financial responsibilities associated with a publicly-traded company
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
- Attention to detail, ethical, confidential, communicative, positive attitude, and a responsive team player.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications.
- Proficiency in accounting software and excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
Chief Financial Officer