Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG), an award-winning, employee-owned engineering consulting firm is seeking an experienced, dynamic, growth-minded candidate to fill our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position located in Harrisburg, PA. The position is currently filled by Bruce Yerger who has served the company in this role since 2008 and will be retiring later this year. Our intent is to fill the position as soon as possible to provide time for integration and smooth transition of duties.
The CFO is a key member of HRG’s leadership team providing financial and business forecasting, analysis and reporting, strategic and business planning, risk management, and contract management.The CFO directs overall accounting, budgeting, financial services, purchasing, administrative services and information technology of the firm. HRG is a multi-office, multi-disciplined, progressive organization with annual revenues in excess of $35 million.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 10 years of professional accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Knowledge of business management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of related laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulation, executive orders, and agency rules
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, active listening, time management, judgement and decision-making, writing, speaking and complex problem solving
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and integrated accounting computer software packages
- Travel to meetings and other offices, therefore a valid driver’s license is required
- The legal right to work in the United States