The Chief Financial Officer serves as a key member of the executive leadership team and is responsible for the oversight of financial operations of the assigned hospital(s). Assesses and evaluates the financial performance of the organization regarding operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Creates and establishes yearly financial objectives that align with the organization’s plan for growth and/or expansion. Works cross-functionally with subject matter experts and leadership to ensure both short-term and long-term initiatives of the organization are being met. Responsible for the department's continuous effective operation, including ongoing performance improvement.
Ensures the day to day financial operations of the assigned hospital(s) are completed in an efficient manner and in accordance with organizational policies and values. Demonstrates problem-solving, critical thinking, and prioritization of work and resolves issues as they arise in an appropriate and timely manner. Develops and executes on short- and long-term goals for the hospital/organization. Acts as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
Accurately prepares and maintains monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in a timely manner. Oversees the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures and eliminating inefficiencies. Reviews all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation. Communicates the financial performance of assigned hospital(s) to the management team of the hospital(s) and corporate leadership. Serves as a key point of contact for external auditors; manages preparation and support of all external audits.
Develops and maintains the monthly and annual operating budget for the assigned facility(s). Prepares and presents monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
Manages cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability. Oversees cash, investments, and asset management area. Explores new investment opportunities and provides recommendations on potential returns and risks. Maintains outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Utilizes forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Monitors all financial agreements of the facility(s) with various financing companies. Maintains compliance with restrictive covenants of the financing documents and informs appropriate parties when covenants cannot be maintained. Corresponds with the lending company to maintain established credit lines.
Develops and maintains performance improvement activities in the department and recommends / implements changes as appropriate. Analyzes business processes to identify potential issues or opportunities for cost savings and proposes solutions. Manages and monitors expenses, including staffing and labor. Enhances and implements financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
Appropriately educates and mentors, and leads/participates in company initiatives, such as employee engagement, to support a team-oriented culture. Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing and maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale. Provides guidance and support to manager/supervisor/staff as needed. Demonstrates behavior consistent with mission and core values.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Six(6) years of healthcare finance experience with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Experience with business analytics concepts and techniques (pivot tables, databases, queries, etc).
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills/abilities.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the organization.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Certified Public Accountant.