We are looking for a transformational leader to provide strategic direction for 26 finance team members and all financial aspects of our worldwide organization. As the leader of the finance function and a key member of the executive leadership team, you will:
- Provide evaluative counsel on business decision-making
- In partnership with other functional leaders, establish a vision for long-term financial performance and the plans to achieve it.
- Lead, coach, and develop team members towards more efficient and effective financial processes, performance metrics, and business analytics
- Serve in the primary support role for merger and acquisition activity
- Support the effective use of data and analytics
- Build controllership mindsets in processes that drive business results
- Continually challenge and improve existing processes and practices
- Reinforce financial integrity of our processes through performance, documentation, standardization, and consistent application of policies and controls
- Consistently drive strategy to execution-based behaviors in all aspects of your role
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in three areas:
- Organizational and Business leadership. You have built enduring relationships at all levels of the organization, served as a trusted strategic advisor in all directions, developed successful growth strategies and led finance and non-finance teams to deliver both short- and long-term results.
- Team development. You have built a strong, performance-driven finance team that can deliver results with financial integrity at the core.
- Strong controllership and analytical mindset. You have created sustainable, scalable, repeatable processes that support solid financial controls and business growth/understanding.
The following will also differentiate top candidates:
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles (US GAAP and IFRS), effective business process and business intelligence to be applied across all functions.
- Experience in a global (non-US) manufacturing, operational and cost accounting, multi-business/entity and multi-currency environment.
- Experience with mergers and/or acquisitions.
- Blend of entrepreneurial spirit and established business experience
- Excellent communication and change management skills, both verbal and written; ability to convey a message that is clear and concise with proper direction
- Fluency or conversational Italian knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or other business-related discipline and 12+ years of progressively responsible financial leadership experience.
- MBA degree preferred
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for occasional operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Regular domestic and periodic international travel will be required 20%-25%