Consistent with that mission of educating students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society, we believe what distinguishes Company from other fine secondary schools is that while it offers academics, athletic and other extracurricular opportunities second to none, Company is the leader in delivering practical experience and instruction in leadership for all students and emphasizing high expectations for personal responsibility and integrity. The leadership principles we seek to teach and develop are those that apply to leaders in all walks of life.
Reporting directly to Company Academies Head of Schools, this role will serve as a senior advisor and confidante to him as well as other members of the senior leadership team. This position needs to develop strong lines of communication and trust across the organization.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Establish and implement people strategies that enable Company's vision, mission and strategic plans.
- Take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to deliver against its Mission. In addition, build a culture of global citizenship; open mindedness, respect and appreciation of differences.
- Function as a coach and advisor to the senior management of each department regarding key organizational and management issues. Partner with the senior leadership team to ensure organizational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Develop comprehensive recruiting, employee onboarding and retention strategies and plans.
- Work with the senior leadership team to drive effective talent assessment, performance management, succession planning, mentoring, organizational development programs and training processes and programs.
- Develop and implement comprehensive total rewards strategies and plans including compensation and benefits that are competitive and cost-effective, care for the well-being of Company’s staff and faculty, and that attract and retain top talent.
- Supervising a staff of five, responsible for the smooth and cost effective operation of the human resources department. Plan and oversee the HR Department budget. Ensure that HR processes, systems and technology align with the organization’s strategy and plans, and provide reliable and timely data analysis to support management decisions. Compile and analyze data, including the preparation and distribution of various reports on HR metrics.
- Ensure policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered, and aligned with organizational goals. Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations as well as advising department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances.
- In addition to regular duties, this role is expected to participate in other activities such as coach an athletic team, perform student supervisory and chaperone duties, and otherwise engage in other such duties as may be assigned to support the school and its Mission.
Ideal Traits and Experience
- Personal leadership - demonstrates a passion to develop future leaders and has experience coaching and developing people leaders.
- Demonstrates character through personal responsibility, honor, and service. Models Company’s timeless values:Community: Puts others before self.
- Integrity: Possesses the courage to do what is right.
- Legacy: Exhibits a desire to be a part of something larger than oneself.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking ability. Solid analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions based on data and statistics.
- Customer orientation - ability in viewing issues from the perspective of our customers (employees, students, parents)
- Must possess effective communication, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills. Has the insight, sensitivity and organizational savvy to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Systemic perspective – show cases the ability to view problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand the interrelationships among subcomponents. Demonstrates the ability see how the organization operates as a whole unit.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing technology to enhance and measure the results of the human resources programs and processes.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills – has the ability as well as experience reaching agreements and consensus in spite of different goals and priorities.
- Embraces a growth mindset; is inquisitive, collaborative and resilient.
- Has a BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university and a minimum of 10 years of HR or related experience in a complex organization. A MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field is preferred.
- Experience working within a school environment is a plus.