Company is looking for our Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) who will help define and deliver IT strategy and capabilities across the enterprise. This includes data analytics and business intelligence, development and support, infrastructure, security and technical services. If you would like to be the main architect to a company’s technology, data strategy and planning process and want to be a builder and an enabler of IT strategy in a strong and growing company then this is the opportunity for you!
Who We Are:
You may not have heard of Company unless your job has been to buy insurance, manage the risk of a high-profile technology startup, secure benefits for a global biotech firm, or make sure your three-generations-old construction company survives.
At Company, we are passionate about serving clients in a way no one else in the commercial insurance industry can match. We are unparalleled in customer satisfaction and retention rates, which is one of the reasons we have been in business for over 100 years.
As one of the largest independent insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the U.S., Company protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide expert counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. We provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents. We have created a culture where talented individuals can make a big impact. We are passionate about what we do for our clients and we have created an environment where our employees can grow and succeed both personally and professionally.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the formulation of the company’s business technology and digital strategies.
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the company's goals and evolving needs.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment, including client and employee-facing technologies and solutions.
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Learn our systems and data to structure, aggregate, and organize company and client data into a reportable data warehouse
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Develop and execute an analytics program that will allow company business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Develop and execute a data & analytics program that will allow customers to make data-informed risk management decisions affecting their organizations.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective IT organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration between the IT organization and its business partners.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Promote a growth-oriented, “business-first” mentality at all levels of the IT organization.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations, business applications, and client-facing tools.
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported and with proper budgetary oversight.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data for the company and its customers.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Review, recommend, and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum 10 years of career experience in technology, including a minimum of 7 years in a leadership position.
- You have experience in a CIO or equivalent position, or you are ready to become one
- Perhaps you have IT leadership experience in a global environment
- Experience in insurance company or brokerage or a related industry is preferred.
- You have led an agile and rapidly growing organization through IT initiatives.
- You have managed a large outsourcing partnership.
- You have experience with GDPR and other data & privacy laws.
- You have been accountable for your department(s) P&L in the past.
- You have a bachelor's degree and may have an advanced degree in a related field, such as computer science, data engineering and/or business (MBA)