Our client, a nationally recognized law firm is seeking an experienced Chief Information Officer (CIO). This position is located in New York City will lead all aspects of the Firm's technology function. Overseeing a growing team of 7 direct technical professionals / managers plus managed services for service desk and NOC operations, and 50 indirect reports. The CIO will partner with others to develop the Company’s technology strategy and take ownership for executing the tactical plan, technology roadmap and related projects (data center/infrastructure, desktop applications, hybrid cloud, service desk operations, training/education) to support that strategy. Proper candidate will have strong experience working in a major Law or CPA firm.
CIO will serve as a member of the Technology Committee, He / She will be a hands-on technology leader who is equally adept in capitalizing on interpersonal, business and technology skills to create a service-oriented culture focused on tangible results and innovative solutions that align with strategic objectives. The ideal candidate must have a sense of urgency and a passion for the relentless pursuit of service excellence to support internal customers who work tirelessly to deliver superior legal services to the firm's clients. The CIO must have proven experience coaching individuals, enabling the team and holding managers and staff accountable for results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a clear and sensible technology strategy and a multi-year technology roadmap that supports the stated strategic objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology (IT) department and evaluate and strengthen the Firm's technology capabilities and IT service delivery model to enhance internal and external client service and business growth.
- Establish operating controls and sensible metrics to support our goal of operational excellence.
- Direct planning, development and implementation of changes to our systems, including the firm's data centers, servers, and storage and messaging technologies, to minimize disruption and ensure reliability, efficiency, and security.
- Consult with Firm management, the technology committee, department chairs, practice group leaders and department managers to exchange information, present ideas, and discuss system changes.
- Collaborate with our Information Security Manager, Chief Privacy Officer and other members of the Information Security Sub-Committee to establish information security and data privacy standards, guidelines and policies.
- Lead and manage staff including hiring, coaching, training, performance management, promotion and compensation recommendations.
- Strong vendor management skills, capable of holding vendors accountable and skilled at building strong and mutually beneficial partnerships with key, strategic vendors.
- Oversee the Firm's computer network systems, including all wide area, local area, wireless and remote access.
- In a matrixed model, support the Information Security Manager's operational plan to strengthen the firm's security operations and technical controls to ensure compliance with all legal regulations and client requirements and mitigate the Firm's exposure to risk.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics, including average response time, time to repair and end-user productivity.
- Working with the Information Security Manager, maintain effective IT disaster recovery plans and ensure periodic tests.
- Prepare, manage and justify the IT capital expenditures and departmental operating and personnel budgets.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive work experience that includes implementing and maintaining technology for an organization with 500 people or more.
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role with decision-making authority.
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
- Deep technical knowledge including proven experience evaluation, selecting and architecting LAN/WAN/SD-WAN/WLAN/Cloud/Virtual solutions
- A problem solver, constantly looking for ways to improve our IT operations and service delivery model.
- A critical thinker who quickly parses through information to understand the facts, develops an action plan, and executes with confidence until resolution.
- Prefers to work smarter rather than harder but understands that in a service business with demanding external clients and internal customers, additional work hours will be required.
- Excellent project management skills and verifiable track record of completing projects on time, on budget, and with great acceptance.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels and develop, present and build consensus for a business case.
- Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must be a team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with a professional services business i.e. Major Law Firm or CPA, Firm. Exposure to law firm operations strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, diplomacy and excellent judgment in handling sensitive issues.