Req. ID: 129548
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Date: Until filled
Location: Boise, ID
Req ID: 129548
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Micron is one of the largest memory companies in the world, and the largest in the US. Micron is at the leading edge of creativity in the 3D-NAND, DRAM and several other memory technologies. We develop memory products for a whole spectrum of applications, including SSDs, mobile devices, and automobiles. This position at Micron is located at our company headquarter located in Boise, ID.
As the CISO, you will lead all aspects of Micron’s Information Security program, including driving strategic direction, implementation and day-to-day operations of controls. This role will directly engage and report to VP IT, Co-CIO. You will champion a global team of security professionals and will manage an enterprise-wide program to safeguard the company’s highly confidential information and intellectual property. Additionally, you will work closely with other partners across various teams (Legal, Physical Security, Talent) to ensure a coordinated and effective approach to intellectual property protection.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Execute an ever evolving Information Security strategy in line with Micron’s footprint, risk exposure, risk tolerance, organizational requirements and business priorities as well as best practices, industry standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead and advise leadership on the security vision of Micron via regular written and in-person communications with the executive team and other leaders
- Direct a dynamic global cross functional team through the continuous improvement and oversight of a governance framework while maintaining coordination with partners to ensure global program compliance and consistent application.
- Partner closely with Security Engineering, infrastructure and applications team, to ensure that all applications are developed with security in mind.
- Protecting Intellectual Property: Help drive the business functions to operate in a highly secure environment that facilitates partnering with external entities and vendors, while securing Micron’s Intellectual Property.
- Technology Risk: Identify, analyze and evaluate technology risk and measure effectiveness quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Compliance: Developing a strategy for handling audits and external assessment processes for such regulations, including Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Service Organization Control 2 (SOC 2), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), various other laws and regulations including Executive Orders.
- Detection and Response: You will conduct, manage, and coordinate complex and sensitive investigations regarding information security threats and violations. Lead the incident response team, responsible for making key decisions and coordinating response to alerts and incidents.
- You will function as a key advisor to legal and privacy teams for matters of policy violations and manage security events; assist with legal matters associated with such violations as necessary. Coordinate with law enforcement as required.
- Security program management: You will be responsible for implementing and directing programs for the identification, reporting, and remediation of information security concerns throughout the organization.
- Training and Awareness: You will develop Information Security-related education and training materials/programs for the company and team members. Liaise with other company functions to facilitate security awareness and help inculcate a dedicated and productive security culture in the company.
- Handle the Information Security budget and associated contracts, resources, and workforce.
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with key internal partners, including executive leadership, functional business areas, and site leadership.
- Build and maintain effective liaison with meaningful external entities, such as government and law enforcement agencies, industry bodies, regulatory agencies and private sector counterparts.
Key Skills and Competencies
Top-tier corporate security professional with at least 10 years in leadership roles
- Prior experience as a CISO.
- Experience with Board of Directors and Executive communications.
- Experience in the manufacturing or high-tech environment, involving Intellectual Property.
- Ability to collaborate with other Micron groups, teams and global partners to implement security programs, practices and procedures across the organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to Micron’s culture, pace of operations and requirements.
- Willingness to be on call to respond to company-related security incidents and to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Information Technology, criminal justice, or related fields
- MBA degree preferred
- At least one security certification from the following (or equivalent documented education and experience):
- Security: CISSP, CISA, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GCFW, CEH
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or submit: Job Information Request Form to: TJA@micron.com.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-JF1 ||