Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time Chief Inspectors to work on a project located in Norwalk, CT!
Essential functions of the Chief Inspector position include supervising, coordinating, and tracking the progress of construction projects, assisting and advising inspectors regarding project management, construction, and inspection issues, and alerting supervisors of major or consistent discrepancies. They will also prepare construction documents and records, comply with budget standards, perform inspections as needed, and provide assurance to clients that the project has been constructed in accordance with the contract documents.
- Must possess and maintain one of the following:
- Valid NICET Level IV+ Certification in Transportation/Highway Construction and a minimum of 10 years of experience in civil, highway, or relevant engineering field of which 4 years shall have been in Field Inspection and 2 years in a supervisory capacity; OR
- Valid CT Professional Engineering License, EIT, or CCM and a minimum of 5 years of experience in civil, highway, or relevant engineering field of which 4 years shall have been in Field Inspection and 1 year in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations concerning construction issues and to establish and maintain project records;
- Must have the ability to obtain OSHA Safety Certifications as required;
- Understand the fundamentals of necessary inspection codes and requirements in order to carry out testing, and must be detail-oriented;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to and within project sites, as regular daily travel is required.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.