Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Institutional Chief of Mental Health Services, to join our healthcare team at Chillicothe Correctional Center located in Chillicothe, MO.
You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging, very rewarding and vital profession; while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person.
The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates.
1. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
2. Plan, supervise, coordinate and manage the clinical services provided by mental health staff at the institutional level as designated by the Director of Mental Health.
3. Assign specific duties and clinical responsibilities to mental health staff in accordance with the position descriptions, education and professional experience and to notify the Director of Mental Health Services of staff inability to perform such duties and responsibilities in a competent, ethical and professional manner.
4. Provision of routine mental health services such as individual and group intervention, treatment planning, and discharge planning. Provision of crisis intervention services when requested by institutional staff, medical staff, or by offender self-referral. Crisis intervention can include consultation with institutional staff regarding management concerns, appropriate housing, referral and/or follow up. Crisis intervention activities may require on-call services.
5. Work collaboratively with the Health Services Administrator on issues pertaining to the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) survey and timekeeping.
6. Provide direct clinical services and consultation services in accordance with the policies, procedures and regulations of the institution and the Missouri Department of Corrections, and in accordance with the standards of the NCCHC.
7. Performs all duties as assigned
A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
1. Licensure as a psychologist, social worker, or professional counselor in the State of Missouri by the respective Committee for Professional Regulation.
2. Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of management/supervision techniques, mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, treatment of major mental disorders and/or psychological evaluation techniques.
Corizon Health. Category:Social Services, Keywords:Licensed Professional Counselor, Location:Chillicothe, MO-64601