Reporting to the CEO and collaborating closely with the senior leadership team, the Chief of staff/director of operations will play an essential role in the growth and scale of Company Business Operations and people operations.
This leader will build the infrastructure and processes to enable the successful scale of the organization while promoting the company's culture and vision.
The VP of Operations and People will leverage previous success ushering at least one organization through a period of rapid growth. This executive will be charged with overseeing the day-to-day of the business operations, and execution on multiple business fronts, including people operations. They will establish and track key performance metrics and devise a system of improving upon these as the company expands throughout the country and globe. This executive must be a proven operational leader who possesses tremendous perseverance, creativity, and a quantitative approach to business operations, and must be an exceptional manager of people operations.
- Function as the operational counterpart to the CEO; provide leadership, guidance, direction, and consistency to the organization at large on business and people operations
- Accelerate momentum to create sophisticated and scalable operations and people strategy, to drive a rapidly growing business to its next level of maturation without sacrificing performance and efficiency or employee satisfaction
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives with the leadership team
- Manage the operational planning process, including working with department leaders to define, manage and track their OKRs and strategic priorities
- Drive agenda and execution of weekly leadership meetings -- develop objects, define the agenda, facilitate effective discussions, capture key takeaways and action items, and follow up as needed
- Partner with CEO to establish KPIs and prepare reports; bring thought leadership and analysis
- Being an excellent source of up-to-the-moment information on deadlines, action items, progress, blockers, etc
- Oversee meeting preparation and planning for quarterly board meetings; create Keynote presentation
- Collaborate with the finance team to prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and P/Ls
- Develop and ensure the execution of a robust Organization Development/people plan for the company’s long term success in collaboration with senior leaders throughout the organization
- Advising and influencing business leaders on organizational design, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews, and change management
- Identify areas for improvement with regards to efficiency and implement new processes as required in business and people operations
- Reinforce a culture of high performance by creating systems of accountability to ensure Company executes against the financial model and other determined KPIs.
- Collaborate with Board and external stakeholders; effectively communicate clear company vision, mission, and directive.
- A passion for the Company’s vision and a desire to leave a positive impact internally and externally
- Brings more than 10 years of work experience, primarily helping scale tech startups and exemplifies a track record of success in scaling business operations and people operations (HR)
- Comfortable operating in the shoes of a Chief of staff, Director of operations and People operations or Human Resources Business partner
- Management consulting experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Bachelor degree required, MBA highly preferred.
- EdTech experience a plus
- Takes a positive and proactive approach to management with the proven ability to build lead /influence and foster a culture of high performance
- Must be a charismatic, executive-level presence with the ability to establish relationships with key influencers and decision-makers and be viewed as approachable and caring by internal staff
- Leverages data to lead in a metrics-driven environment and holds his/her team accountable to established metrics; ideally has created OKRs, KPIs, and metrics for a company in a high growth environment
- Possesses exceptional communication skills that are transparent, appropriately challenging, and conducive to an environment where issues are identified and resolved
- Must be an individual with integrity and high ethical standards that is comfortable with creating systems of accountability