Meeting Street is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing services to children and families, offering a range of programs in education and special education, childcare, social services and therapies. We provide a place where children of all ages and abilities receive individualized attention from highly trained, dedicated educators, therapists, and staff who work as a team, sharing strategies and identifying solutions to bring out the best in each and every child. At Meeting Street, we believe in the power of inclusion and foster it in all we do. Our goal is to create an environment, and ultimately a world, where individuals of all abilities learn, play, work, and live together. Visit our website at www.meetingstreet.org to learn more.
About this role:
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall operational responsibility for all of Meeting Street's programs across both Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Our COO will develop a deep understanding of our current programs, the needs of the children and families that we serve, and the needs of our community. He/She will use this knowledge to provide leadership for the agency's business development initiatives, lead our strategic planning process and implement new programmatic initiatives to guide the continued growth and success of Meeting Street.
In this role, the COO will ensure the continued financial viability of our operations units through sound fiscal management, and will partner with the Chief Business Officer and other members of the Leadership Team to develop, implement and manage the operational aspects of the annual budget.
The COO will also play an active role in publicly representing Meeting Street in the media and with external community, governmental and private organizations. He/She will actively contribute to our fundraising efforts as a member of our Leadership Team and is expected to assist in maintaining our current donor relationships and cultivating new relationships.
The role will be instrumental in providing inspired leadership to our managers by coaching them with an emphasis on developing their capacities in strategic analysis, planning, execution, program budgeting and effective people management. He/She will oversee professional development; implement training programs and retreats, in partnership with Human Resources to expand the capacity of all of our operational staff.
- Models our guiding values of respect, compassion, integrity, inclusivity and excellence.
- Leads by example
- Effective spoken and written communication
- Entrepreneurial and flexible
- Analytical, data-driven and decisive
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Charismatic and influential
- Proven track record of effectively leading a direct services organization with an array of programs (preferably human or social services, early childhood or school age programs) through strong project management by tracking, reporting and holding managers and their programs accountable for meeting strategic goals
- Demonstrated business development achievements in expanding existing programs, implementing new programs and increasing client basis
- Commitment to continuous learning and research to understand the needs of our individual programs, the organization overall, and the needs of our clients and community
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Ability to communicate key goals to staff and inspire them to execute
- Experienced in successfully creating a culture of accountability in developing managers to be accountable for their programs' success and for the decisions that they make as leaders
- Ability to serve as the "face" of an organization internally and externally
- BA/BS Degree or higher with a concentration in Organizational Leadership, Business Management, preferred
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record in effective senior program management
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in coaching senior-level staff to develop high-performing teams
- Demonstrated business acumen
Meeting Street is a non-profit organization offering a high-coverage, low-cost benefits package to employees working thirty or more hours weekly. Our package includes health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, Paid Time Off, 403b Retirement Plan and more.