- Works directly with CEO to carry out the vision and direction of the organization.
- Works directly with the Operations Committee of the Board of Directors to assist them in the oversight role.
- Maintains a philosophy of management that is articulated in the Mission, Vision and Values statement of MHM, and that is consistent with the Social Principles and Book of Resolutions of the United Methodist Church.
- Oversees the recruitment, appointment, evaluation, and retention of personnel, and the requisite development, training, and education of staff for areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for visionary leadership and accountable management of MHM, its staff and services provided.
- Exercises management responsibility over the MHM employees ensuring efficient services and operations designed to meet the needs of the employees, partners, clients, and patients of MHM.
- Reviews annual budgets with CEO and CFO as well as performance monitoring of approved budgets.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between departments, divisions, leadership, and partners affiliated with MHM.
- Develops business strategies to enhance MHM’s overall performance.
- Understands and provides direction to systems, program development, quality, fiscal management, compliance and clinical management measures, physician relationships, outreach strategies, work culture enhancement, internal communications, and consensus building.
- Design, implement, and monitor a talent development process to insure a management development and succession process exists within all MHM functions.
- Ensures all MHM functions are aware of, and are in compliance with, all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Responsible for performance projections for the business plans and strategic planning processes for MHM.
- Provides input to the Executive Team in determining short and long range strategic goals to be brought to the Board.
- Drives continuous improvement throughout MHM.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein as may be assigned or delegated.
This role requires significant leadership skill and ability. The COO will be accountable for the overall success of operations of MHM. He/she will lead and oversee the development of employees, programs, and implementation of strategic plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degrees in Business or related field required. At least 10 years of management experience with at least 5 years’ experience in healthcare and/or non-profit organization leadership role. Five years successfully running at least a 30-million-dollar budget operation required.
Demonstrated experience interacting and establishing working relationships with all levels of management to include board members and community agencies. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Demonstrated experience making effective presentations to Board and Board Committees.
Demonstrated leadership experience providing guidance and direction with regard to performance management.
Demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel applications.
Must be able to drive and have access to a car; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to an office environment. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 25 pounds.