Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm in Los Angeles, is seeking a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to join our team of dedicated professionals in our firm's home office in Century City.
The COO is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Century City. You will maintain control of diverse business operations (Human Resources, IT, Information Security, Finance, Administration, Real Estate and Internal Audit functions) across 8 locations globally including: Los Angeles (Century City, Westwood, and Encino), New York (White Plains and NYC), Nashville, Wilmington, and London. The goal of the COO position is to increase our organization's productivity, efficiency, and profitability in order to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Oversee operations of the company and the work of Directors, empowering individuals to solve day to day problems
- Work closely with the executive team to analyze, formulate and implement organizational strategies, systems, policies, and procedures
- Identify and implement technology and infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business in order to create processes and cost efficiencies
- Develop and track KPIs to measure and manage efficiencies, cost improvements, productivity, scalability, and quality
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Prepare and present reports to CEO and Executive Committee on key operational insights and all matters of importance
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with a commitment to delivering quality service to our employees and clients
- Build, foster, and maintain relationships with Directors, executives, employees, and vendors
- Manage operational escalations
- Other duties and assignments at the direction of the CEO or the Firms Executive Committee
- Travel (<10%) may be required to visit other offices
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional business acumen and 10+ years of domain expertise in the Business Management, Accounting, or Management field
- A highly organized and analytical mindset with the ability to manage by the numbers and problem-solve in a flexible environment
- Technically credible with a demonstrated history of driving operational excellence in Human Resources, IT, Admin, and other support functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of cross-functional direct reports
- Gravitas and the ability to form relationships and lead conversations with partners, vendors, clients, employees and other stakeholders
- The ability to turn aspirational goals into reality by pairing high-level thinking with strong execution
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Business Management Systems (DataFaction a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
This is an exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance. Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman ("GRF") is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.