Precision BioSciences is seeking a Chief People Officer (CPO) to join our fast-paced, high-growth biotechnology company. We are looking for an influential leader to guide Precision BioSciences through its transition from a small, clinical-stage company to a scalable, successful commercial organization while preserving and building upon the unique culture that got us this far.
Reporting to the CEO, the CPO is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of comprehensive Human Resources strategies, policies, and programs across the company. The CPO leads a department of high-functioning HR professionals responsible for recruiting, retaining, and developing our talented team of Precisioneers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Work with management of all levels on a variety of HR and business-related issues, both strategic and operational
- Create, implement, measure, and continuously improve programs that develop talent, allow for career advancement, and ensure flexible performance management
- Inspire and develop the HR team to continue to be a high-performing asset of our business that evolves practices as the business evolves
- Translate strategic and tactical business plans into actionable HR strategy and practices
- Lead organizational development efforts to support key underlying objectives, including: leadership development, performance development, succession planning, change management, and people development
- Establish training opportunities and development plans to meet the professional needs of Precisioneers and the organizational needs of the company
- Serve as advisor to the Compensation Committee, providing executive compensation strategy recommendations
- Oversee and ensure that rewards programs are comprehensive, competitive, and in alignment with business goals
- Model Precision BioSciences� culture and champion our core values, leading initiatives to retain and strengthen company culture
- Evaluate, select, and deploy technology solutions as required
- Oversee the HR budget
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related fields; MBA and/or HR certifications preferred
- 15+ years� experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources; minimum of 5 years in a senior-level human resources position managing teams
- Previous experience at a clinical- or commercial-stage biotechnology / life sciences company strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of human resources including talent management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, and organizational design
- In-depth knowledge of domestic human resource processes, employment legislation, and legal regulations
- Proven ability to set the HR vision for an organization and develop an actionable plan to execute within a high growth environment
- Public company experience including interaction with the Board of Directors
- Strong background in helping companies build and scale in competitive environments; experience with clinical-stage biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- High social and emotional intelligence with experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor
- Ability to align culture and strategic change
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills, great attention to detail as well as excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to coach and counsel at all levels
- Ability to partner and communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Strong business orientation with experience in organization development and change leadership
- Demonstrated success in leading, inspiring, coaching and building amazing HR teams
- Demonstrated success in change management and rapidly growing businesses
- Experience creating a Commercial compensation plan preferred
- This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC. For the time being, this role will be able to function remotely in accordance with company safety guidelines throughout the duration of the pandemic but is subject to change as needed.
Precision BioSciences is dedicated to improving life through its proprietary genome editing platform, �ARCUS.� Precision BioSciences leverages ARCUS in the development of its product candidates which are designed to treat human diseases and create healthy and sustainable food and agriculture solutions. Precision BioSciences is actively developing product candidates in three innovative areas: allogeneic CAR T immunotherapy, in vivo gene correction, and food.
Precision BioSciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.