The CSO site sponsor trains and supports all site CSOs. The CSO site sponsor is also in charge of communication to/from site CSOs along with parents, site administrators and CSO District Lead regarding event participation. CSO site sponsor supports the development of activities on sites as well as encourages and facilitates participation at regional and state events and activities for CSOs.
(If the CSO site sponsor responsibilities fall within an already established club or sponsorship, the stipend can be used to augment the additional duties of this role.)
1. Must be a current AESD employee.
2. Valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card.
3. Prior experience working with children desired.
4. Prior experience working with STEM activities and experiences desired.
5. Available for some night, weekend and/or school break CSO events and trainings.
6. Desire to support site CSOs and showcasing STEM at the site.
7. Desire to support site CSOs and providing leadership opportunities
8. Ability to train site CSOs and volunteers in regard processes and communication (Canvas and elections)
9. Ability to communicate well with other site CSO sponsors, CSO District Lead, parents, students, and community members.
10.Must possess strong organizational skills.
Performance and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate ongoing events and activities for site CSOs
2. Communicate with AZ Scitech for events and activities as well as training for new and returning CSO’s
3. Collaborate with other CSO site sponsors and the CSO District Lead to develop district and regional opportunities beyond state expectations.
4. Coordinate and communicate about field trips and activities for individuals, sites and district wide events.
5. Communicate with your site leadership, district CSO lead, site CSOs and parents
Reports to: Site Administrators