Hanna Andersson is seeking a Chief Technology Officer to accelerate the evolution of the company’s technology position. The CTO is a strategic leadership role, building and overseeing the strategy and performance of the Company’s overall technology platforms and systems to support brand growth. This role reports to the President and CEO and will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to successfully deliver technology in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will be a technology thought leader who has experience transforming organizations to support a digital first experience.
• Provide strategic leadership to the technology team from strategy to integration and execution in alignment with the brand strategy.
Assess, develop and engage the Information Technology team of ~18 professionals across Architecture, Applications, Infrastructure, Technical Operations (Development Operations and Production Support), Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics.
• Establish and steward the prioritization and resource allocation of the technology roadmap. Manage priorities and decisions based on factors such as technical capabilities, customer/partner requests, build-vs-buy, and competitive landscape.
• Shape and nurture a culture of rapid execution, openness, excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement.
• Develop and execute the technology strategy to support our digital first brand, including future development and optimizing the existing platforms and systems to achieve both immediate/tactical operation efficiencies, as well as prioritize the long-term goals and investment needs.
• Collaborate cross functionally across the organization to support the customer journey; including key technology collaboration with supply chain and distribution partners.
• Drive performance through execution to deliver operational excellence across all infrastructure operations and services to the various business requirements and service levels throughout the Corporate office, Distribution Center, Stores, and Customer Care Center.
• Define metrics to measure technologies, comparing actual results to forecasts and internal benchmarks, directing teams to solve issues as they arise for successful execution.
• Monitor technology, e-commerce digital trends and current company data to identify opportunities to improve our user experience to deliver business goals. Recommend new technologies, short-term and long-term, that yield competitive advantage.
• Establish and implement company-wide standards, practices and policies related to the technologies. Monitor standards and practices and make adjustments based on changing circumstances or company activities.
• Oversee the organization’s information security, high availability, disaster recover, and business continuity efforts.
• Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
• 15+ years’ experience of progressive growth experience in the Information Technology arena, 10 years in a senior leadership or management role, preferably in a consumer goods company.
• BSC/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
• Deep experience with retail and eCommerce platforms – POS, payment systems, content management, content data (tagging, curation, discovery, personalization), product information management, inventory management, financial system integration, digital marketing, front-end and content delivery networks, and mobile development.
• Experience with AX and Demand Ware is important for this role.
• Experience architecting scalable, performant, secure, and distributed web and mobile web-based systems, micro-services, and data tools to handle large scale, and highly available applications.
• Experience recruiting and leading engineering teams – inside and external to the organization - focused on goal setting, product development, software development, quality and release to empower teams, scale development and removal points of failure.
• Ability to manage a BI and analytics team. Technologies include data warehousing platform, reporting tools, workload scheduling system; and implementing ETL to load data. You must have skills with management of large database, customer segmentation, and transformation of data into actionable insights.
• Experience managing, purchasing, and continuously improving technical infrastructure including virtual and cloud computing, and building technology for secure environments that contain sensitive information (e.g.: consumer profiles, credit cards, etc.).
• Experience with a broad range of systems, API's, protocols, and standards.
• Solid understanding of the project lifecycle and product management processes including; initiation, requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, user acceptance testing, demos, and deployment management.
• Strong communication skills coupled with a high sense of urgency to keep appropriate partners informed, including solutions to overcome obstacles to deliver to expectation.
• Track record of working cross-functionally in collaborative environments, developing and managing strong relationships with business leaders.