We are living in a digital, customer first world. However, our hiring and development processes are antiquated. On one hand, hiring managers face a long time-to hire cycle, an inferior talent pool and limited information. On the other hand, most professionals feel like they receive little to no professional development and mentorship from their companies or peers. And in between these two points, friction and biases exist across resumes, recruiting, application tracking systems and digital platforms.
Sizigi modernizes the professional journey through our end-to-end digital customer centric platform. Members can develop their professional brand by contributing rich digital content, learning and receiving support from others in our ecosystem, building a career roadmap while receiving personalized insights and achieve their aspirations through our placement services. At the same time, we enable companies to make smarter and faster hiring decisions as well as increase their retention rates. And together, we are making a large social impact by empowering millions to achieve their dreams.
We are seeking our first Technology Leader to join our fast growing startup company. This is a fantastic opportunity as we are creating a new product category where your innovation can benefit millions of people. We are soon releasing version 1 for our early adopters, and we have much more groundbreaking features and functionality on our roadmap that you will lead.
The breadth of depth of your responsibly is immense. On one hand, you will be responsible for the vision, leadership, and implementation of the technology and innovation that is required to fuel our growth. On the other hand, you will be personally accountable for the full stack development as well as the UX and brand design on both web and mobile. You will also drive future capabilities from our burgeoning ecosystem as well as integrate advanced analytics. And you will build a world class technology team that will bring creativity, kindness and passion to both our customers and our company.
This position will be based in San Diego, CA., reporting directly to the CEO. We offer a competitive compensation package along with the opportunity of unparalleled future growth by joining a startup technology company that is changing the paradigm.
The Role You Will Have
- Define, architect, and execute the company’s business requirements and technology strategies.
- Develop a web-based and mobile platform.
- Lead UX and brand design to create an exceptional customer acquisition and user experience.
- Drive a software development life cycle process and culture that ensures the appropriate balance in which quality products are produced in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Build insights and capabilities leveraging the large amount of structured and unstructured data within our ecosystem.
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Build a long-term plan to efficiently scale the technology team while maintaining a customer-focused mindset.
What You Will Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of full stack software development, design and management experience.
- A successful track record of designing, developing and launching new products.
- Experience in developing B2C web and mobile platforms comprising advanced analytics.
- Expertise in large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights.
- A comfortableness of ambiguity, shifting priorities and general growth pains of an early-stage technology company.
- An innovative, strategic, and operational mindset along with great communication and leadership skills.
- The ability to build and lead a team to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and high growth environment.