Children’s Advocacy Center of Jackson County Position Announcement
Position: Child Abuse Medical Director
Employment: Part time or Full time
Summary: The Children’s Advocacy Center of Jackson County seeks a highly qualified Medical Provider to perform medical evaluations of suspected child abuse victims. The provider shall conduct examinations in the clinic setting, and will also participate in child abuse prevention efforts and education. Pediatric experience is required, and knowledge in the diagnoses and treatment of child maltreatment is preferred. Duties would include direct patient care in the Children’s Advocacy Center clinic to include some after hours and on call coverage. The provider would also be required to testify in the event of legal proceedings. The Children’s Advocacy Center is looking for a highly motivated professional to join our mission which is to provide a compassionate, multidisciplinary approach to the prevention, treatment, identification, investigation, and prosecution of child abuse.
Primary Location: Medford, OR
- Pediatric experience is required
- Child maltreatment knowledge and experience preferred
- Supervise the Medical Department Staff and provide Department Administration to include overseeing medical department grants, contracts, and billing activities.
- Licensed to practice medicine and prescribe medications in the State Of Oregon
- Successful completion of the Midwest Medical Academy or other specialized training in pediatric child abuse exams and forensic evidence collection
- Perform detailed medical assessments on suspected child abuse victims, to include performing photo documentation, ordering diagnostic studies, labs, prescribing medications as needed and making appropriate referrals
- On call coverage is required, to include mostly phone consultations from area hospitals, child welfare and law enforcement professionals with rare need to perform examinations after hours
- Compose detailed medical report after each examination
- Testify in court as an expert witness for child maltreatment cases
- Participate in quality improvement processes, to include peer review, ongoing education, and journal review
- Ability to communicate in a compassionate, unbiased, trauma informed manner
- Provide culturally sensitive support to patients and families during the evaluation
- Able to collaborate on a Multi-Disciplinary Team, comprised of representatives from Law Enforcement, the District Attorney’s office, Department of Human Services, and other partner community agencies who work to collaboratively manage and prevent cases of child maltreatment
- Make referrals to behavioral health therapy when needed and provide education about CAC services
- In addition to evaluating child abuse cases in Jackson County, duties also include providing consultation, direct services and training to Josephine and Curry Counties as needed
- Create protocols, policies and procedures for the CAC Medical Department
- Work with other community CAC programs to organize peer review and training programs.
- Pass a criminal background check
- References will be required. Employment is contingent upon acceptable references.
- Knowledge of basic camera operation, and Microsoft Office
- Adherence to HIPAA standards for patient confidentiality, professional code of conduct and ethical standards
- Ability to travel to provide training in the Southern Oregon Region
- Upholds the agency’s vision and mission statement