The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Section on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Wake Forest School of Medicine is seeking an exceptional Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist due to strategic growth. This position will have a primary focus on inpatient unit coverage with occasional outpatient duties. Basic responsibilities will also include clinical supervision of residents and may also include opportunities for teaching and research. Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience.
The Section on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry is comprised of 5 faculty, 1 advanced practice provider, 2 LCSWs, 1 Clinical Psychologist, and 4 fellows. The section provides a number of services including inpatient, outpatient, and a consult liaison service. The 16-bed child and adolescent inpatient unit is brand new, featuring state-of-the-art equipment and individual rooms. The outpatient department treats all childhood psychiatric disorders including depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, attention deficit disorders, and autism spectrum disorders. The consult liaison service provides both in-house consults and tele-psychiatry consults for hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist Health System.
The selected candidate will join a growing department with multiple career growth opportunities:
- Development of specialty clinics in autism, eating disorders, and ADHD
- Participation in an established University Mental Health Clinic serving local college students
- Research opportunities, including an industry-sponsored study on S-ketamine in suicide prevention in children and adolescents
- Strong community partnerships providing opportunities to aid underserved children and their families
- Potential to serve rural communities beyond the Winston-Salem campus
- Robust psychotherapy program
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- MD/DO degree
- Board certified or board eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Fellowship training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Successful record of clinical and service excellence, research experience, and interest in graduate medical education
- North Carolina licensure or eligible
Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: Revonda Propst-Reed at email@example.com.