Fox Valley Technical College has an opening for a casual part-time Assistant Teacher in the Parent/Child Center.
In accordance with FVTC’s policies and procedures and the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing, this position provides responsible care, development, guidance and supervision of the children in the FVTC Parent/Child Center. This position is also responsible for working with and mentoring students in the Early Childhood Education Program, in cooperation with instructional staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to all regulations as required by the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
- Assist in implementation, and administration of curriculum and daily activities for the developmental level of the children in order to provide experiences which will promote self-esteem and positive self-image, social interaction, self-expression and communication skills, creative expression, large and small muscle development, intellectual growth and literacy.
- Adequately supervise the children and respond appropriately to ensure the safety and well-being of each child.
- Provide coverage to teaching staff across age groups within the center; age ranges between 6 weeks and 6 years throughout the year. During the summer months, 6 weeks to 9 years.
- Demonstrate appropriate child guidance to positively enhance the behaviors and development of the children in a way that is free from actions that are psychologically, emotionally or physically painful, discomforting, dangerous or potentially injurious.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the progress and behaviors of each child and respond as applicable.
- Inform parents of the children’s activities, progress, behaviors and incidents via daily conversations and pick up and drop off and written daily reports.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions, workshops and conferences.
- Regularly perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe, healthy and productive learning environment for the children.
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist Parent/Child Center management with administrative support. Be a part of the planning and implementing of events when necessary.
- Work with Parent/Child Center management to determine supplies and equipment needed in the classroom.
- Monitor condition of supplies and equipment, and make repairs or replacements as applicable.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, or current student pursing Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Satisfactory background check as required by the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
- Current CPR certification as well as SIDS and Shaken Baby Syndrome qualifications.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as good listening skills.
- Ability to identify needed action without direction or supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure, attention to detail is essential.
- Neatness in work and appearance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, maturity, initiative and integrity with a professional image contributing to the success of the college.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Accept responsibility for professional growth, to include meeting the annual certification and continuing education training requirements as outlined in the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
- Dependable, punctual, and commitment to following through on tasks.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required between the hours of 7am – 5:30pm.
- Good working knowledge of methods utilized in providing quality child care, including theory and procedures.
- Meet the physical requirement so the position as outline in the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Child Care Center Licensing.
This is a Casual position.
For further information please contact Michelle Abrams at email@example.com or (920) 735-5751.