The Lead Teacher is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Lead Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Lead Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher aides, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmental appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teacher aide's success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communication with parents.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher aides and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- 18 years or older
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a licensed child care facility
- Flexible and dependable
- Associate Degree or higher in a child related field or a CDA
- Must have a negative tuberculosis (TB) test
- Must undergo a background check
13.00 - 15.00 /hour