ELA is here to deliver every child a joyful, caring, and engaging childcare experience that will pave the way for each child to fulfill the promise of his or her life.
Job Title:Child Care Teachers & Assistant Teachers
Reports To:Program Center Director, Business Operations Manager
Teachers are responsible for the classroom environment and all educational activities within the classroom to have a positive impact on the students. Employees will perform routine tasks independently, referring new or unusual situations to the Center Director for input and resolution. All employees are expected to have a love for children and desire to positively impact their lives. A background check will be administered for all employees before having unsupervised access to children. Managers are available to help you through this process.
Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in any of the roles within the program.
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude to create a successful team environment.
- Ability to create a professional, productive, and positive environment for parents, and children.
- Strong communication skills that reflect professionalism and tact at all times.
- Follow all policies and procedures documented in the employee handbook, job description, and any other information verbally instructed by the Director.
- Must understand the ages and stages of child development and be cognizant of age appropriate actions and activities.
- Responsible for classroom assigned by the Director
- Plan, prepare, post and implement age-appropriate curriculum each week in accordance with the curriculum policy. ECT is responsible for adhering to the posted curriculum.
- Greet each child and parent by name each morning and briefly review the child's day in the evening with the parent as you say "good-bye".
- Responsible for the basic care needs of each child in the classroom including assistance with dressing, toileting, tying shoes, regular hand washing, face clean, dry clothes and any other tasks associated with good personal hygiene.
- Maintain children's progress records.
- Responsible for assisting the children with social development including teaching table manners during meals, working with a group of children to accomplish goals, teaching them to share at the appropriate age and any other activity associated with proper social development.
- Oversees the teacher aide in the classroom. Gives specific instructions and encourage participation and interaction with the children at their level.
- Ensure your instruction area and classroom are in compliance with child care state licensing regulations.
- Provides daily physical gross motor activities with or without equipment or materials indoor and outdoor.
- Complete any required daily forms such as Child Tracking Sheets, Attendance Records, and any other paperwork assigned such as Incident/Accident reports.
- Performance is evaluated in terms of efficiency, effective and adherence to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences.
- Any other duties assigned by the Center Director
Additional Abilities/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Frequent periods of standing, stooping, bending, and occasional running
- Must be able to maintain a strict classroom schedule to ensure State "ratio" compliance
- Able to work a full assigned shift in order to maintain ratios shift schedules are typically 8 hours with a 30- minute break
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.
The Early Learning Academies' Core Values:
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of excellence in everything we do.
We emulate kindness and integrity with our words and our actions.
We are always learning to better serve our families and each other.
We welcome all into our classrooms and onto our teams.
We are not a place; we are a community.