- Position Description
- Under supervision, the Child Development Center Teacher shall develop and implement a comprehensive classroom curriculum that is responsible to meet the unique needs of the children and their families, promotes growth in all areas of development, and supports children's feelings of competence, self-respect and internal control. This assignment will begin as soon as possible.
- Child Development Center Teacher's essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides a model of teaching excellence in the classroom.
- Directs the work of support staff/apprentices and other persons assigned to the classroom.
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate curriculum for children enrolled in the program.
- Ensures the safety of the environment; documents all incidents involving injury, behavioral problems, and/or any unusual events; and communicates as appropriate to Child Development Center Director and parents.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise control, maintain classroom discipline, and instructs children on the appropriate use of equipment and materials.
- Prepares materials and classrooms to implement daily curriculum activities.
- Maintains a classroom environment as it relates to Community Care Licensing regulations and ECERS quality standards.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Documents and compiles individual and classroom assessments of each child's developmental progress as required by the State Department of Education.
- Assist in planning parent education seminars. Attend one parent education seminar each semester.
- Conducts initial parent interviews; confers with parents/guardians to discuss the developmental progress of their child/ren, to determine their priorities or goals for their child/ren, and to suggest ways that they can promote growth.
- Attends professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- May administer first aid/CPR in cases of accidents or injury. Adheres to Blood Borne Pathogen and Injury Prevention Program mandates and procedures.
- Adheres to Child Abuse mandates and Professional Ethics standards.
- Serves on appropriate committees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- At minimum, must meet educational and experiential requirements of California Child Development Teacher permit and hold said permit.
- Completion of 3 ECE/CDC units in Health and Safety for Young Children or completion of a Child Care Preventative Health and Safety Course.
- Current pediatric first aid/AED certificate.
- Completion of 3 ECE/CDE semester units in Infant/Toddler Care.
- Demonstrated minimum 12 months full-time equivalent teaching experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the administration and interpretation of assessment instruments in the child development field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff and students of various ethnic, social, economic and academic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal relations skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related degree.
- Basic computer skills.
- Master Teacher level or higher Child Development Permit.
- Additional Information
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical.
- Working hours: 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm, or as assigned by the District.
Chaffey College recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey . The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If documents are uploaded that are not required, the application may be disqualified.
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
- Cover Letter (State briefly how the applicant meets the qualifications)
- Copies of All Current, Valid, and Required Certificates and Child Development Permits
- Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
- Copy of Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
The following requirements must be met prior to the first day of employment:
- Clear TB test and completed physicians report; valid CPR certificate; current first aid certificate.
- Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) background clearance and Child Abuse Index (Live Scan Fingerprint Clearance).
- Immunizations current as required by community care licensing, SB792 (influenza, pertussis, and measles).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $37,305 (minimum qualifications) to $42,809. Placement is based on the Children's Center Teacher's salary schedule and is based on 187 service days and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or national accredited institution of higher learning. Exceptional benefit package including: health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System.
- Chaffey College
- 5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, California, 91737
starting at $37,305.00 /year