LABOR GRADE: 02. PAY SCALE: A000. PART-TIME, YEAR ROUND, UP TO 25 HOURS PER WEEK.
SCOPE OF WORK: Responsible for creating a warm, caring and safe environment, to support children and teachers in ways that improve the overall quality of care and education. This position reports to the Lead Teacher in the Toddler classroom at NHTI, Concord’s Community College.
- Greets all children and families and assists in the transition from home to childcare setting
- Helps to create a warm, caring and safe environment to support children and teachers in ways that improve the overall quality of care and education;
- Responds sensitively to the interests, requests and needs of individual children, actively engages children in developmentally appropriate activities, assists in the implementation of curricula activities;
- Interacts playfully with children and encourages natural exploration and curiosity;
- Assists teachers by completing tasks as assigned; covering classrooms for planning/lunches, vacations etc.
- Models appropriate teaching practice by bringing learning forward and demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality.
- Assists in cleaning and organizing to maintain classroom well-being and upkeep;
- Attends center-sponsored events, including mandatory scheduled meetings.
- Complies with all college, system, state and federal rules and regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of two years of high school or its equivalent.
Experience: No experience required.
License/Certification: Maintain certification in infant/child CPR and First Aid, as well as Water Safety.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Nine (9) ECE Credits from a recognized college or university.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Take part in EC 267; Positive Behavior Guidance and Supporting Young Children with Challenging Behaviors class on campus within 12 months of hire. Engage in professional development activities as required by the State of NH CCLU.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Some knowledge of proper English usage and grammar. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to learn assigned clerical tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed departmental procedures. Ability to make simple arithmetical computations and tabulations accurately and with reasonable speed. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the college appointing authority.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
To apply, please visit www.nhti.edu/careers