PAY GRADE: G
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job Childcare Assistant is done for the purposes of assisting the Pre-K or Preschool classroom teacher and the Childcare Specialist with the planning and supervision of the before and or after school program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
Must meet the staff qualifications to be a Facility Directors designee under section R9-5-401 of the Arizona Administrative code. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and provide written documentation of one of the following:
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· N.A.C., C.D.A.,C.C.P. or C.P.C. credential and at least 12 months of qualifying child care experience
· A minimum of 24 credit hours from an accredited college or university with at least 6 credit hours in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field, and 12 months of qualifying child care experience
· Associate degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field, and 6 months of qualifying child care experience
· Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field, and 3 months of qualifying child care experience
· Community Schools will require that staff must also pass the ParaPro Assessment exam if qualifying with less than an associate’s degree or 60 college credit hours.
Applicants will need to provide the following at the time of their interview:
· A copy of a High School Diploma or GED
· A copy of College Transcripts and/or Diploma (If applicable)
· Copies of training/workshop/seminar certificates (If applicable)
After interviewing, applicants recommended for hire will receive instructions on how to obtain as a condition of employment:
· Proof of a negative mantoux TB test with in the last year
· A signed immunization statement against measles, rubella, diphtheria, mumps and pertussis
· A fingerprint clearance card
· A signed Criminal History Affidavit
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
Skill in: (See Education and Experience)
· Background in early childhood education or related fields.
· Experience with school age and/or Pre-K/Preschool children in a group setting.
· Hold current first aid and CPR certification or be able to obtain within 30 days.
· Effective communication skills
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.