Be a difference maker, with Learning Care Group. We are a community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many children we guide, teach, and protect every day. As early education leaders, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on children. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares children for elementary school—and beyond? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Join our talented team, where we inspire children to be lifelong learners! Through our play based curriculum, our affectionate and loving staff ensures that our children are imparted with the knowledge to succeed.
The Cook/Food Specialist is responsible for overall food preparation for the School’s enrolled children. May be responsible for the oversight of a group of children and be responsible for their health and safety. Must be adaptable to menu changes and be able to meet meal and snack schedules. Ensures safe food preparations and proper sanitation methods are used and maintains a safe kitchen/pantry area.
- Create home-style, nutritional meal plans in the boundaries of their school's menu and budget, as well as state and federal requirements.
- Prepare meals/snacks for children and staff. Distribute food to the classrooms following appropriate health and safety guidelines, and policies.
- Follow the daily menu provided by the Director which incorporates, USDA, licensing and/or health department regulations.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
- Assists in classrooms as needed as an Assistant Teacher/Floater.
- Work experience in cooking and/or food preparation for multiple individuals, preferably in a childcare facility
- An understanding of all current state and local regulations
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
We at Learning Care Group know our best asset is our people! So we’ve made a commitment to ensure all employees feel valued, with a robust, comprehensive offering that is competitive and exceeds your expectations. That means market-relevant compensation, a targeted range of health and wellness benefits (including life insurance, dental, vision, as well as medical available for full-time positions), and retirement planning, with our new 401k match. For us, it’s simple: Provide great rewards, keep employees engaged, and create difference makers. We encourage your talent, recognize your potential, and support your growth through ongoing training and development so you can give children a great start. We also offer tuition reimbursement, assistance with gaining a CDA (worth college credit toward an Early Childhood degree), and our exclusive Master Teacher program to enhance your skills—and increase your pay. Don’t wait. Start strong today.