Before & After School Care Program
You celebrate the little things every day: It’s your calling to help build the character of miniature humans. You’re a role model for their academic and social development, and you love encouraging their personalities to coax out their unique traits, too.
There’s nothing better, in your opinion, than being able to “play” all day. Of course there’s a lot of hard work involved in being a top-notch childhood mentor like yourself-- but it’s so much fun, and nothing worth having or doing comes easily. Nor should it! Accomplishment is much more satisfying when you can feel that you’ve earned it – AND loving what you do? That’s the icing on the cake.
You’ve got talent and you want a position that makes a difference for kids: THIS IS IT.
Carlsbad Educational Foundation is a tribe of thoroughly dedicated, conscientious, hard-working role-models just like you. We provide safe and engaging before and after school care for elementary-aged kids – 750 of them, right here in Carlsbad. We are Program Coordinators, After-school mentors, leaders, and role models who come together for one mission: to support the education of every child in the Carlsbad Unified School District by developing, conducting and financing innovative and quality programs and projects.
We’re your tribe, and this is the position you’ve been looking for.
We’re seeking a Full-time Site Director who will:
- Interact with students, parents, School Administrators, and your Program Director, as well as lead and supervise a rock star staff of teachers and aides--all the great people here who have a heart for helping kids--in a before and after school setting at one or more of our 9 Kids’ Care Sites in Carlsbad.
· Co-create an awesome environment for our kids!
· Master the nitty-gritty--scheduling, timesheets, monthly meetings, performance evaluations, disciplinary action (not too often!)
· Supervise, lead and engage our kids in age-appropriate STEAM Lessons such as:
- Math and Science: astronomy, physics, nutrition and gardening
- Technology, computers and engineering
- Art: collage, painting, sculpture and more
· Model and lead creative expression, teamwork and sportsmanship through artistic and physical activities such as:
- Crafts: crochet, mobiles, masks, puppets, sewing, card making and beading
- Music: dance, singing, free expression
- Outdoor/indoor activities like sports, organized team games, and board games
· Serve as a role model for our kids, facilitating good study habits, respectful behavior and service-mindedness through activities such as:
o Homework Club
- Service Projects such as canned food drives and senior center projects
- Good neighbor conflict resolution
· Keep the ratios! Ensure that student safety is priority #1
· Mind the details: Shop for supplies, manage paperwork and required documentation
· Work full-time 40 hours Monday-Friday (Kids’ Care Site Hours range from 7 am – 6:25 pm weekdays.)
· A tribe member: Passionate for kids. You enjoy Giggles, Growth and Giving.
· Outgoing, dedicated, and dependable, with the highest level of integrity
· Enthusiastic! You enjoy building relationships, growing and developing good citizens
· Able and motivated to provide outstanding customer service to kids, parents, and tribe members
· Able to model respectful and age-appropriate interpersonal communications skills
· Able to identify, manage and shift priorities to meet childcare needs
· Consummately professional in demeanor: friendly, courteous and gracious. Always gracious.
· Positively persuasive
· Able to instruct and supervise elementary school students
· Able to plan and implement STEAM related lessons and activities
· Knowledgeable about general learning theories and curriculum development
· Able to evaluate the needs and progress of individual students
· Able to evaluate emergency situations and act decisively and proactively resolve problems; able to delegate authority judiciously when needed
· Able to discern when students may need special physical, medical or psychological assistance and support
· Able and willing to make necessary accommodations for children with special needs
· Knowledgeable about reporting requirements and procedures regarding suspected child abuse
· Able to lift 30 lbs.
· Willing and able to GET. IT. DONE. Awesomely!
You meet all CCLD requirements (currently, or you can meet them within a specified time frame as defined upon employment:
California Department of Justice fingerprint and background clearance
- Criminal Record Certification
- Child Abuse Index Check
- Physician’s TB and health clearance for working in child care center
- Pediatric CPR /First Aid (required within three months of employment)
- Valid California Driver’s License
15 semester units in Early Childhood Education or a related field
· 3 of the semester units must be in Administration or Staff Relations
· 4 years teaching experience in a supervised group Child Care Center
· 15 hours of training on preventative health practices (may be completed upon hire)
· Child care center operations and record keeping orientation (may be completed upon hire)
Alternative Qualifications for units in ECE
· AA degree in Child Development, 3 units Administration and 2 years teaching experience
· BA degree in Child Development, 3 units Administration & 1 year teaching experience
· Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or Program Director Permit
· Other certain alternative coursework and or experience may be substituted
$16-20/hour DOE. Benefits include vacation, holidays and medical insurance package.
Carlsbad Educational Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diverse applicants.
Contact your tribe!
Send your resume and a persuasive note telling us how you know YOU’RE THE ONE!