Virginia Commonwealth University Health
Department of Pediatrics
Division of General Academic Pediatrics
The Division of General Academic Pediatrics at the Childrens Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) at VCU is recruiting an additional full-time academic general pediatrician to join our growing team. Our faculty provides primary care for children and adolescents through age 20 at a major urban academic medical research center.
Our divisions mission is to strive for the advancement of healthcare for our communitys children by integrating excellent patient care, quality medical education and innovative clinical research and patient advocacy into our programs.
- Provide primary care services.
- Oversee care in the newborn nursery.
- Participate in the resident and medical student education and possibly involved as an associate program director (APD) for the pediatric residency program.
- Helping to develop and oversee Quality Improvement (QI) projects for the Division of General Pediatrics
- Involvement in divisional and departmental collaborative research and advocacy focusing on children's health.
- BC/BE in General Pediatrics
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Experience with education of house-staff, medical students, and others
- Experience with research
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Interest and experience in working with General Pediatrics.
- Success in generating revenue (grants/contracts)
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website, https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.