| Reports to: ||Principal, Assistant Principal, MS World Language Curriculum Coordinator |
general description (1-3 lines describing role):
|This Chinese Teacher is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and conducting a comprehensive teaching and instruction program for middle school students in grades 6-8. |
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area and requisite licensure as defined by the DESE
- Ability to handle multitude of varying and complex issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Computer experience
• Ability to organize tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks
- Prior teaching experience
- Knowledge of language teaching strategies and pedagogy
- Knowledge of behavior management and behavior shaping strategies, techniques and methods, and conflict resolution procedures
- Ability to work autonomously and make independent decisions
• Good judgment and good problem-solving skills
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES (not limited to):
• Provide a motivating and stimulating learning environment
- Prepare and deliver instructional lessons with clear and measurable outcomes
- Provide appropriate and effective learning experiences for students from a wide range of socio-economic levels and cultural backgrounds
- Design and demonstrate differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Implement accommodations and curricular modifications as specified in educational plans (IEPs) and as needed to meet the learning needs of students
• Perform research and development activities pertaining to curriculum and instructional programs and innovative
- Use a variety of formal and informal assessments to accurately measure student progress toward and to modify further instruction.
- Use a computer and other technology to support student learning in and out of the classroom.
- Provide students with support (remediation and enrichment) using a variety of strategies
- Collaborate with colleagues on curriculum, lesson and assessment design
- Participate actively in faculty, department and team meetings
- Set professional development goals, develop professional development plans, and participate in professional development activities that improve teaching practice
- Communicate effectively with students, colleagues, parents, and the community
pilot projects designed to enhance student educational opportunities and experiences
- Follow safety procedures and written and verbal instructions
- Consistent and on-time attendance is required for supervision and instruction of the students
- Other duties as needed
Work Environment & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work is generally performed in a school environment during the school day, however there may be occasions for afterschool meetings (ex: Back to School Night)
- Due to space and scheduling limitations, teachers may have to share one or more classroom spaces. Must be able to provision each classroom with texts and appropriate teaching and learning materials and to transfer said materials from classroom to classroom as necessary. Materials may need to be transferred with the aid of a cart.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function. Rarely absent or late unless the situation is of an emergency nature.