- Position Type:
MIDDLE SCHOOL/Teacher - Music - Chorus (6-8)
- Date Posted:
LOCUST GROVE MIDDLE
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Locust Grove Middle School is seeking a highly motivated, innovative Chorus instructor.
190 Day Position
Salary: 190 Day Teacher Salary Scale The 2019-2020 Salaries have not yet been approved.
All new teachers are required to attend the New Teacher Induction Program on July 17, 18, 19, 22, and 23, 2019.
The classroom teacher shall be directly responsible to the principal. The classroom teacher must be able to perform tasks involving light lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling and must be able to walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. Vision, hearing and verbal communication are essential factors in performing required tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
The Classroom Teacher shall:
1.) Provide instruction for the assigned students, grades, and subjects or courses by
- Teaching at an instructional level appropriate to the mastery level of the students to be taught.
- Providing both teacher-focused and student-focused content development during the teaching process.
- Providing initial focus.
- Providing content emphasis and linking of content.
- Providing lesson summaries.
- Promoting student engagement in learning activities.
- Monitoring student progress.
- Responding to both adequate and inadequate student performances as they occur.
- Using time efficiently both in the handling of non-instructional tasks and in using instructional time appropriately.
- Maintaining an effective physical setting for instruction.
- Maintaining appropriate student behavior and by intervening when necessary to redirect a student from inappropriate to appropriate behavior.
- Interacting in a professional manner with students, parents and colleagues.
- Being available to students and parents for conferences according to system policies.
- Facilitating home-school communications by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communications.
- Maintaining confidentiality for school administrators, special support personnel, colleagues, and parents.
- Modeling correct use of oral and written language.
- Demonstrating accurate and up-to-date knowledge of content.
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework to students.
- Conducting assigned classes at the time schedules.
- Enforcing regulations concerning student conduct and discipline.
- Being punctual.
- Maintaining lesson plans as required by Board policy.
- Providing adequate information, plans, and materials for the substitute teacher.
- Implementing designed curriculum.
- Maintaining accurate, complete and appropriate records, and filing reports promptly.
- Attending and participating in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities according to school policy.
- Complying with conditions as stated in the contract.
- Taking precautions to protect records, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assuming responsibility for supervising students in out-of-class settings.
- Maintaining regular attendance.
8.) Cooperate with other members of the school staff and the administration in the discharge of tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
9.) Perform other such school related duties as may be required by the principal for the purpose of the promoting the well-being and safety of the students and the school.
10.) Complete all prescribed activities outlined in the Professional Development Plan according to the time lines indicated.