Senior Claim Examiner/Chubb Associate, Multinational Claims (
Job Number:330883 )
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb is looking for individuals interested in a claims career to join our Chubb Associate Program as a Claims Associate. Individuals possessing a Bachelor’s degree, JD, Master’s degree, or equivalent experience are excellent applicants for consideration. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a growing, financially stable and successful company. As an industry leader, Chubb is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities.
At Chubb, we have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contribute to the future success of our company.
Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive:
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb;
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
You, along with your program peers form a unique community of achievers who we believe will become the future leaders of Chubb.
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common, and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
- Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments; including under pressure
- Intellectual agility: capable and willing to master and apply new knowledge
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
- Interpersonal/team skills: able to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
- Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
- Work ethic:a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
If this accurately describes you, begin pursuing your career with Chubb!
- Under close supervision, receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts and obtains pertinent loss details from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Depending on line of business may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arranges for such appraisal.
- Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extent of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Supervisor.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Supervisor and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Prepares and submits to Supervisor unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
- Assists Supervisor in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
- Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Basic knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel and relocate
- Analytical, Detailed Oriented
- Customer focus – responsive with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong Communication Skills - including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others on an external and internal basis.
- Strong Negotiation and Presentation Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to adjust and adapt in an ever changing environment
- Technically proficient
- Committed to high standards of behavior and performance
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Travel- Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting- Nov 14, 2019, 8:01:16 PM