Chubb is currently interviewing for a Construction Surety Associate position in Whitehouse Station, NJ.
About the Chubb Associate Program
As a Chubb Associate, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills that contribute to the future success of Chubb Surety. The program allows for hands-on experience, team assignments and exposure to a network which includes other early career professionals and senior executives. Under supervision, the Associate will work to accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Begin to develop an understanding of the surety product, Chubb Construction Surety appetite and marketplace with on-the-job development and self-study assignments
- Demonstrate a basic level of business knowledge to play an active role in the construction surety dual underwriting process.
- Work to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with agents, brokers, department associates and management
- Develop a basic level of financial acumen and analysis
- Begin developing critical thinking and decision making skills to provide solutions and alternative courses of action in a timely manner
About Chubb Construction Surety
Surety bonds are a vital part of the construction industry in the United States and around the world. Surety bonds guarantee that projects will be built according to the terms and conditions of their contracts, and that subcontractors and suppliers will be paid for their work. The assurance provided by surety bonds allows construction project owners to have peace of mind that they will receive appropriate value and results for their funds.
Chubb has been a leader in the Construction Surety market for over 130 years. From schools to skyscrapers, roads to runways, Chubb has bonded these projects for some of the largest and most sophisticated construction companies in the United States and around the world.
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Risk Management/Insurance, Actuarial Science or Marketing preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Leadership and teamwork experience through work or involvement in community service, athletics, clubs or other activities
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills