Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Global Technical Support Engineer based in the United States, you will work with customers, internal consultants, developers and product managers to help our customers achieve their business goals. You will primarily provide 1st and 2nd line expertise customer support for SAS Customer Intelligence 360.
- Provide 1st line technical support to international customers using our flag-ship SAS Customer Intelligence 360 solution. Using a SAS hosted solution, you will liaise with our Dev/Ops team on system issues and R&D on product issues, in a time-critical manner.
- Provide 2nd line technical support to international customers, using Email, WebEx and Phone and other tools as needed.
- Interpret documentation and explaining error messages, suggesting the appropriate SAS procedure, language feature, product and/or solution, or the supporting systems software or infrastructure feature for the particular type of functionality that is requested, and providing limited guidance and references to help interpret the output that is produced by tools, products and/or solutions.
- Routinely utilize knowledge of complex interactions between multiple SAS system components and third-party products to recommend best practices, trouble-shoot, diagnose and resolve software problems. Potentially replicating customer environments to reproduce and debug problems.
- Work with global Technical Support teams and R&D to:
- Investigate reported issues and determine strategies for responding to the customer.
- Enter defects for verified software problems.
- Coordinate with internal teams to make fixes available to the customer.
- Keep SAS R&D abreast of reliability and maintenance topics
- Provide input on software design based on customer feedback, domain and software knowledge.
- Contribute as a stakeholder in the product lifecycle through gate reviews, commit to ship and sign-off activities, feature/defect submission, and evaluating proposed changes in hot fixes, maintenance, and new releases.
- Provide both formal and informal training to Technical Support staff.
OFFICE LOCATION: This position will be located in the United States.
What we’re looking for:
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux
- REST API syntax
- Experience supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- Familiarity of AWS/AZURE/Cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with omnichannel marketing technology
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work with people of varied technical/analytical backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to handle deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Ability to set and manage expectations internally and externally at all levels of technical and business management
- Ability to resolve user questions through a combination of independent study, investigative programming, and collaborative efforts with colleagues in and outside of own team
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of Technical Support methodologies
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis
The Nice to Haves
- Technical Support experience
- Experience with:SAS Customer Intelligence Solutions (including SAS Customer Intelligence 360)
- ELK Stack (Elasticsearh, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience with AWS/AZURE/Cloud infrastructure
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn