The candidate should have 3+ years or more experience in a fund accounting/ financial reporting/financial statement audit environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation and self review from both a detail and quality perspective including application of IFRS and US GAAP. The candidate should ideally have prepared and/or reviewed financial statements previously and have knowledge of audit requirements for hedge/mutual funds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of primary financial statements (annual and interim) & all related notes in accordance with accounting and regulatory disclosure requirements (IFRS, US GAAP an advantage) within agreed client deadlines & SLA's
• Self review financial statements both from a numbers perspective and also completed word documents for disclosures, quality and completeness perspective
• Consistency checking of financial statements for large clients throughout the year and relevant audit and interim cycles
• Analysis & raising queries of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
• Escalate concerns around anomalies in financial statement numbers which may result in audit findings for clients
• Able to assist in resolution the team queries & act as a reference point for junior team members on technical, accounting and audit related matters
• Liaise with partner sites for external deliveries and communicate status effectively and in a timely manner to local management and partner sites
• Interaction with stakeholders to respond to any accounting or financial reporting-related queries that may arise.
• Recognise and act on opportunities to improve processes including developing and making recommendations for change and encourage the team to come with ideas for effeciency
• To ensure all the risk and control checks are adhered to for clients in portfolio and follow all required checklists and SOPS, ensure they are up to date post audit cycles
• Liaise with OCM (internal control) team on any issues that arise that need to be reviewed
• You will have 3+ years experience in a Financial Reporting or Audit environment in the Funds industry
• Post graduate/CA/CPA with major in Finance/Accounting will be added value.
• You will be able to work within a team and build key internal relationships across locations with partner sites
• You will have very strong attention to detail in review of documents and analytical review capabilities in relation to financial statement numbers & reporting
• You will have knowledge and understanding of all primary GAAPS - Irish/UK, IFRS, US GAAP
• You will posses the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines at peak delivery times
• You will be able to implement change, seek efficiencies and manage initiatives along with your daily workload
• You will be risk, control and procedure oriented
• You will have analytical & prioritization skills and be capable of making judgments
• You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You will be result and target oriented, self motivatedJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.