CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
The US Deposits Marketing Retention team is responsible for building experiences and communications that help drive prospect conversion and existing customer stickiness. We’re a data driven team that’s hyper-focused on the customer lifecycle; we use customer behaviors and perceptions to help build engagement campaigns that drive product adoption and loyalty while reducing churn.
As a Marketing Operations Associate, you will be responsible for enabling the Retention team throughout the campaign execution process across marketing channels, as we elevate to building truly personal and intelligent customer experiences. You’ll represent the Retention team as a subject matter expert as we partner with product and technology to evolve our CRM/martech stack to meet our growing product portfolio. That means articulating our short-term and long-term requirements with an eye on innovation, enhancing access to customer data, and finding ways to drive process automation to go to market faster, but maintain accuracy.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for CRM and innovation, with experience leading marketing operations and building infrastructure/processes that unlock the ability for marketers to create personalized communications programs for customers. The candidate should be able to work across a variety of different marketing channels including email, SMS, Push, site content, and print and understand the nuances of each.
You will also:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Support the team with operational execution of our customer communications campaigns across marketing channels
- Work with our CRM Vendors to build campaigns and identify enhancements to our platforms to drive efficiency and campaign accuracy
- Work closely with technology and product partners to troubleshoot and enhance our communications
- Build customer segmentation workflows to carefully orchestrate campaigns across channels so as not to inundate consumers with messages and offers
- Support identification of data requirements for CRM tools to ensure detailed and personalized campaigns
- Identify ways to enhance the campaign development process in order to scale operations in a growing business
- Work collaboratively and creatively with a variety of cross-functional teams, including Analytics, Creative Services/Design, Compliance, Legal, Product, Brand, and also partner/vendor and agencies
- Help the Retention team stay updated on cutting-edge trends in CRM and using technology to unlock personalization and automation.
- 5+ years of loyalty/email marketing, CRM, product marketing, or other marketing operations experience
- 2+ years experience using enterprise-level marketing operations/CRM tools (CDPs, ESPs, customer segmentation tools, CMS, etc); Experience working in Adobe Campaign is required.
- Experience in defining, documenting, and implementing technical requirements for a marketing purpose
- Proficient with data querying languages (e.g. SQL),
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence, and other agile tools
- Deep knowledge of email and push marketing data/metrics, best practices, and relevant regulations
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and effectively solve problems
- Familiarity with Tableau or any data visualization reporting tools is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Good balance of strategic thinking as well as execution. Focus on customer experience
- Ability to work independently and proactively; a self-starter that doesn’t always need to be told what to do, but identifies areas of opportunity for the business.
- Intellectually curious; willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to effectively manage complex and/or multiple projects to completion on time autonomously
- Strong interpersonal, matrixed team relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail and proactive risk management mindset
- Exceptional oral and written communications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity