CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
As an important member of United Capital Financial Advisers, Inc., the Relationship Manager is directly responsible for the management and monitoring of client relationships under the direction of the Managing Director (MD), Wealth Manager (WM) or Wealth Advisor (WA).
This individual is responsible for ensuring a consistent positive client experience including working with the team to ensure all commitments are completed and followed through in a timely manner.
This position requires a pro-active approach and ability to independently carry out the duties of the position. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment and ability to take initiative. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role.
- Track 100% of client interactions including requests, inbound/outbound calls and emails via the Activity section of our official books & records (SalesForce).
- Actively prepare for and participate in client meetings as requested by the MD, WM or WA. Prepare all deliverable materials associated with the meeting type (reviews, 1st/2nd/3rd meetings).
- Demonstrate the ability to escalate potential client issues to Managing Director or Wealth Adviser as appropriate.
- Actively document all notes and action items during client meetings and ensure all commitments made by the Managing Director or Wealth Adviser are being completed in a timely manner.
- Copy MD, WM or WA on all outgoing customer correspondence.
- Deliver Money Mind surveys to clients via SalesForce as directed/requested.
- Review task assignments for each client and work directly with team members to ensure all follow-up and action items as a result of client meetings are documented in Salesforce and completed within the specified time frame.
- Under the direct oversight of the Managing Director or Wealth Adviser, actively engage in Client Case Prep meetings, providing recommendations and feedback relative to the client's financial plan as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing statements, forecasting review data, developing a meeting agenda format, creating presentations, case documentation and deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Manage developing and maintaining suitability documentation utilizing client file standards.
Client Relationship Management
- Act as the primary point of contact for all (operations/account maintenance related) client interactions, working with team members to ensure a timely response to all client question s and concerns.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with existing firm clients to ensure client satisfaction.
Professional Growth & Development:
- Provide thoughts and feedback relative to operational procedures for servicing clients including making recommendations for increased efficiency within the current process
Experience and Education:
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years working in a Client Service
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial industry.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates analytical ability, good judgment, problem solving, responsibility, personal integrity, and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy on behalf of supervisors when dealing with other executives and levels of management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Experience in Salesforce highly desired.
- Excellent customer service, good oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and articulate with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to see projects through to conclusion.
- Excellent time management, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity