No Consulting firms.
No sponsorship available.
Must live within a commutable distance of Long Island, NY to be considered.
This position requires infrastructure management, SaaS and customer facing experience. POS is a plus.
The Head of Infrastructure & Support reports directly to Firm’s CEO and is responsible for our overall technology infrastructure as well as our 24/7/365 technical support team. The leader in this role is responsible for enhancing and leading the execution of Firm’s technical vision and directly influencing the strategic direction of new and existing products and systems. This role is for a hands-on leader, who can not only monitor and manage the day-to-day engineering and management of our global infrastructure, but can also closely work with our CTO to architect and scale our current cloud infrastructure to meet the business’ strategic goals. This position will also play a pivotal role in the international expansion of Firm’s solutions.
By overseeing both the infrastructure support team (“Operations) as well as the Company’s external-facing Help Desk (“Support”), this role is uniquely positioned to combine product performance data with client feedback and drive root cause analysis of the performance of our technology.
• Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships
• Proactively create, monitor, and report metrics across both Operations and Support to drive focus, priorities, and smart decision-making and ensure 24x7x365 operational effectiveness and efficiency
• Drive root cause mentality across both Operations and Support functions, ensuring that repeat issues are properly investigated and addressed to prevent further reoccurrence
• Work with Operations and Support leadership to drive process improvement and automation in areas of the business where time is spent on manual efforts
• Maintain, enhance, and enforce standard operating procedures around crisis management, keeping the client experience at the forefront of all decisions
• Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and Company operations
• Lead efforts to internationalize Firm’s software solutions to ensure compliance with local standards and optimal performance for Firm’s clients
• Lead & manage various certifications such as SSAE, ISO, PCI etc.
• Develop and execute a strategy for scaling customer support, while maintaining quality and ensuring optimal client experience
• Lead the engineering and architecture of our cloud infrastructure, driving the conversation as to how to architect and scale our technology in support of our growth strategy
• Build and lead a high-performing team, focused on client experience, precision, and data-driven decisions
• Positively drive client experience and value in a tangible manner, including (but not limited to), directly engaging in escalated client issues as required and proactively engaging with clients to ensure the health of the relationship from a support standpoint
• Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community
• Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
• Serve as a member of the Firm’s Executive Leadership Team, working closely with the CEO and other executive team members to contribute to and drive company strategy and culture as well as running the overall business
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Hands-on leadership; ability to jump in and put “hands on the keyboard” in high pressure situations
• 24/7/365 accessibility
• Root cause mentality, always looking to understand the “why”
• Precision and discipline around adherence to process and standard operating procedures
• Metrics-oriented, allowing data to drive smart business decisions
• Constant mind toward process improvement and automation
• Client-centric; empathy and understanding of client experience and desire to want to optimize it
• Innate curiosity and insatiable hunger for learning
• Extraordinarily candid
• Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Relevant industry certifications are preferred.
• Minimum 10+ years in information technology, with 5+ in a leadership position
• Experience supporting infrastructure in an end-user SaaS environment required
• Experience with setting up and maintaining infrastructure outside of the United States
• 5+ years in a 24x7x365 operations role, supporting high availability and redundant solutions in a business-critical environment
• 3+ years with infrastructure automation / configuration management / IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
• 5+ years administering Solaris, Linux & Windows platforms
• 3+ years supporting complex routing/switching environments including VPN and dynamic routing protocols
• Experience with Oracle VM on SPARC hardware is a plus
• 3+ years administering enterprise block and file storage platforms
• 3+ years administering MySQL platform (replication experience highly desirable) & Java applications
$250,000.00 - $275,000.00 /year