Job Title: CIO - Systems Engineer
Site: 700 Hidden Ridge Irving Texas USA 75038
Responsible for developing strategies for effective data analysis and reporting. Selects, configures, and implements analytical solutions. Develops and implements data analytics, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets. Monitors performance and quality control plans to identify performance. Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices. Works with management to prioritize business and information needs. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, statistics, or other related field. Ability to manage multiple assignments. Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Working in developing a highly scalable systems using Spark streams and Akka Streams. Choice of language will be Scala or Java based on use case. The system will be deployed and maintained using Docker Images across an AWS cluster.
- The person will be responsible for developing functional flows for handling thousands of transaction per second in real time and working with machine learning models to give real time results. The person will also be responsible for successful deployment of the developed solution. The person must be aware of test driven development to work as a core member of the small Agile team.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 3-4 years experience with SCALA
- 4-5 years of JAVA experience
- Functional programing paradigm
- Experience with Machine learning libraries, some Data Modeling experience
- Experience with Spark streams a plus
- Knowledge of Kafka
- Experience with Docker images
- Best to use bullet points and same basic format as the previous section.
- This section would describe the 'perfect candidate'. These skills are not required to perform the role, but would be helpful and in some cases could supersede a missing 'must have' skill.
- Highly scalable system architectures
- Some experience with Fortify.
- CI/CD process in particular - GIT (Bitbucket), Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases ( Cassandra, Elastic, ReDIS )
- Knowledge of Akka or any other microservices platform
- Knowledge of secure coding with OWASP coding practices
- Knowledge of Hortonworks toolset (Zookeeper, HDFS, etc)
**If interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org**
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178