Principal Software Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI
This position will be responsible for software requirements development, software architecture development, detailed design development and coding activities. Responsible for conducting reviews of embedded software products and processes. Will also provide technical leadership to embedded software engineers (internal and external resources).
- Maintains and follows proper ISO procedures and GMP
- Designs, develops and tests embedded system software products
- Analyzes product specifications and requirements and suggests improvements through designing and modifying system
- Designs software to improve manufacturing processes and quality control
- Designs software functional tests and validation
- Develops and implements software and hardware tools for software development and verification/validation
- Provides leadership and direction to engineering team (internal and external resources) to insure software product compliance with regulatory
- Requires a four (4) year degree in an Engineering, Math or Computer Science curriculum. MS or PhD in appropriate Engineering curriculum strongly preferred.
- Requires ten (10) or more years of experience developing Windows applications and/or embedded software in a regulated industry, developing software following a standard software development process (i.e. IEC 62304, DOD 2167a, IEEE, UML)
- Experience with configuration management tools (i.e. Surround SCM or Clear Case), commensurate with ten (10) or more years of experiecne development
- Requires eight (8) or more years of experience with C/C++
- Experience with ISO 60601 is desired
- Preferred experience: medical device; Ethernet stack and protocol; RS232 or RS485 serial communications; DICOM protocol; medical image processing; USB software stack; NXP