An executive level position based in the Quad Cities that directs the strategic business unit’s (SBU) print and digital circulation distribution and audience development for three daily newspapers in Davenport, IA, East Moline, IL and Muscatine, IA. Assists the Publisher in the execution of his or her duties.
Position reports directly to the assigned Regional Circulation Director with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Publisher. The individual will be responsible for providing direction to the Circulation distribution and audience staff, coordination of efforts with other departments and across the three SBU properties, and other supervisory duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Grow and maintain circulation subscription revenue, both print and digital, through developing local audiences and implementation of corporate initiatives including planning and forecasting.
- Direct organization of independent contractors in providing high levels of consistent customer service.
- Optimize resources across all three properties to provide acceptable levels of service and performance for controlling expenses and managing to budgeted levels.
- Provide clear departmental direction to achieve goals through management of day to day operations.
- Develops professional skills in departmental employees through selection, hiring, training, coaching and motivation.
- Maintains or oversees accurate record keeping including AAM reporting, tracking of expenses and performance of staff.
- Provides forecasting of revenue and expenses preparing budgets for the department and across the three SBU properties.
- Assists Publisher in coordination of efforts with other departments and may include supervision of other staff.
- Insures compliance with all Lee policies.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Four year college or university program certificate or two to five years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PC skills including word processing, excel, and the ability to use proprietary data base and payroll systems.
- Requires basic mathematical skills and the ability to compute and interpret data.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to follow instructions both written and oral, and to solve problems with multiple variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and write reports and effectively present information to employees and the public.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Employer offers a generous compensation package. We offer excellent pay and benefit programs including medical, dental and vision plans, paid vacation, sick and personal days, paid life insurance and a 401k program.