The lab assistant provides student support through resolving computer problems, answering students’ questions and facilitating communication with the lab instructor. The Lab Assistant reports to the Campus Director of Academic Affairs.
- Assist students with laboratory equipment
- Prepares laboratory spaces as needed. This includes set up off equipment and appropriate sanitization of equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of CIS lab assignments offered in the ECPI curriculum so as to effectively assist students with questions and issues.
- Facilitates communication between remote faculty and campus students
- Monitors student attendance in labs and escalates attendance issues to Student Success Coordinator or Campus Director of Academic Affairs.
- Assist with academic tutoring of CIS students as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 0-1 year experience in relevant CIS area.
- Certifications in relevant CIS area a plus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable providing tutoring services via face-to-face or by using social distancing electronic methods (Zoom, Microsoft Teams).
- Must possess necessary technical skill.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• Professional work environment
• Student centered, hands-on learning environment
• Flexible day and evening schedules
• Talented and committed co-workers
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.