WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
With a base in our Milwaukee, WI office, the successful candidate will work under the direction of a Project Engineer or Project Manager in the office to create roadway corridor models using Civil 3D, InRoads, and Geopak, as well as prepare roadway plans, technical specifications, and cost estimates. Candidate will also work under the direction of a bridge engineer to perform structural analysis and load rating calculations. Candidate will work on-site under the direction of a Construction Manager assisting with and documenting construction inspection activities, researching and solving problems in the field, and assuring conformance to plans/specifications.
- Prepare roadway, highway, and/or structural bridge plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Create roadway corridor models
- Coordinate with multi-discipline design team
- Perform on-site construction inspection/observation
- Monitor contractor schedules
- Document field progress and quantities for contractor payment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (Passed)
- 0-2 years of engineering experience
- Software proficiency - roadway design software, CAD (MicroStation & AutoCAD), Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation
- Working experience with WisDOT is preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.