WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is seeking an Early Career Roadway Design Engineer for the San Antonio, TX office. The candidate will assist in designing construction plans for roadway projects from various stages ranging from preliminary to final design.
- Develop design plans, design variations and expectations, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Have project experience with providing engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects.
- Possess strong a verbal, written, presentation and excellent client management skills
- Demonstrate ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation projects
- Goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
- Collaborate with the transportation staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections (super-elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 0-4 years of civil / roadway design experience
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Knowledge of Microstation and InRoads
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.