Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley’s MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2012. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market; strategic partner Siemens AG has accumulated a non-voting minority stake. www.bentley.com
Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a valued member of our successful bridge group as a Bridge Engineer. TheBridge Engineerplays an important role as part of part of the Product Advancement team, by applying technical knowledge in advancement of sales opportunities, analyzing prospect’s business and technical requirements and developing solutions that meet those needs. The Bridge Engineer is a subject matter expert with proven practical experience with various bridge types and projects, from the initial planning stages to their completion, that works collaboratively with other application engineers, product management and development teams across multiple product lines, marketing, and technical support to ensure revenue and user satisfaction goals are met.
Typical bridge design knowledge should steel and concrete bridges of all types, including steel boxes (tubs) and truss bridges, cast-in-place post-tensioned concrete, precast/prestressed concrete, and segmental concrete bridges. Practical experience in using advanced bridge analysis software to design complex bridges (cable stayed, suspension, etc.) is a plus.
The position is located in our bridge head office located in Sunrise, Florida.
- Provide technical applications support and demonstrations to users, answer complex questions on the use of software to analyze, design and construct various bridge projects. These projects range from day-to-day bridges comprised of steel, reinforced, prestressed and post-tensioned concrete, to complex bridges like cable-stayed, segmental, etc.
- Teach engineers and designers how to best use the available bridge analysis and design software tools to accomplish their project goals.
- Produce training documents and multimedia materials used to educate users in the use of the bridge software.
- Act as an expert consultant to engineering companies and government organizations in order to implement the bridge software in their organization or project.
- Provide pre and post-sales training, deployment and integration, configuration, and support of bridge applications
- Perform benefit-oriented technical presentations of Bentley’s bridge products and solutions.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Prepare and perform generic as well as feature-specific demonstrations of bridge products and solutions for individual prospects or during marketing events.
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users.
- Work with sales team members and product management and development in benchmarking to demonstrate a good fit and improved time/performance with the bridge software.
- Assist business development and sales personnel in technical proposals development for prospects and existing customers.
- Work with product marketing to develop and refine product positioning. Develop thought leadership content and lead webinars to educate the market on best practice engineering processes.
- Work with product development and management groups to refine product development plans based on user input.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to grow the bridge user market.
- Develop standard demonstration sets and content for selected products.
- Prepare timely responses to prospects.
- Recommend best practices for products to meet user business needs. May configure or customize existing products or create an entirely new process.
- Write scopes of work and estimated resource requirements for tasks or projects assigned.
- Benefit-oriented, capability focused and feature specific (for a specific prospect) demonstrations that promote Bentley’s suite of bridge software applications. Assist in closing the sales opportunity.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required with a minimum 7 years of practical experience, or MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is required with a minimum 5 years of practical experience, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional engineering (PE) registration is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the principles of design codes, standards and guidelines, including AASHTO.
- Proven experience using advanced bridge analysis software (examples include LEAP Bridge Concrete, LEAP Bridge Steel, STAAD, MDX, Larsa, Midas, CSI Bridge) and good working knowledge of Excel, MathCad, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with training and support of end users.
- Comprehensive understanding of bridge analysis and design, with a strong emphasis on complex type bridges and engineering knowledge of multiple design codes/standards and criteria, including construction.
- Should possess excellent interpersonal and strong presentation and communication skills, with ability to convey technical subject matters to others.
- Ability to engage and interact with all levels of engineers and owner-operators.
- Strong presentation skills
- Capable in dealing with and resolving complex support issues with users in real-time.
- Aptitude to analyze information, develop recommendations and present proposed solutions
- Must be a creative problem solver with interest in emerging bridge design and modeling technologies.
- Service-oriented with ability to build effective working relationships with various teams throughout the organization
- Highly organized, and able to be logging user contact information accurately in the internal CRM system, and document user history.
- Willing and able to travel 25-30% of the time both domestic and international to industry events, user meetings, other Bentley offices, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email email@example.com.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Job Segment:Civil Engineer, Engineer, Construction, R&D Engineer, Structural Engineer, Engineering