Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our Governmental Services staff works with local governments from across the United States as an extension of their staff, providing municipal engineering services, on-call consulting and public works staff augmentation. We are currently seeking a Civil Design Engineer II to join our growing team in our New Lenox, IL office.
Are you an experienced engineer looking for a new challenge and ability to grow your career quicker? Are you looking to a company with a growing market share and wide variety of projects across regions to work on? If so, apply now and let's get the conversation started!
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work-life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
In this position, you will collaborate with Project Managers to make significant design decisions on a variety of projects. You will be involved in numerous phases of municipal projects from design to construction; assisting with marketing, business development, client communication, and overall project management. This opportunity will allow you to grow and expand all of your project development and management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
2. Under the direction of the Project Manager, assigns and manages tasks and schedules to junior engineers and design team members.
3. Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through the use of established HR Green QA/QC processes established for each project.
4. Completes major design tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers.
5. Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule, or financial issues through effective communication with the Project Manager or other management staff.
6. Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection if authorized by the Project Manager.
7. Monitors construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
8. Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
9. Opportunity to recommend and prepare change orders.
10. May participate in preparation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
11. Demonstrates a willingness to help team members meet critical deadlines as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering. Professional Engineer certification in his/her state of residence preferred. Minimum of 4 years of design/engineering experience. Must have advanced knowledge of office automation, CADD and engineering automation tools. Experience working on local roadway design and storm water management projects a plus.
HR Green, is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.