VHB is seeking a Civil Designer to join our growing New York City office.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The successful candidate will work with a group supporting Airside and Landside Aviation Planning and Engineering.
- Preparation and/or reviewing design criteria, drawings, and specifications
- Preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction contract documentation
- Assist in the preparation of permitting documents
- Technical and design report writing
- Attending meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
Skills and Abilities
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 1+ years of professional civil engineering experience
- EIT licensure or ability to obtain within 1 (one) year of being hired
- Flexibility to work in both VHB’s New York City office and New York City client-based offices required
- We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment at this time
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.