What You Will Do
Clients around the world call on our technical, environmental, regulatory, public safety, and cultural expertise to meet their water resources challenges with cost-effective, reliable solutions. We partner with our clients to deliver innovative and sustainable dam and levee solutions, from concept to completion and commissioning. Whether you need a new design, rehabilitation, inspection, risk assessment, or permitting assistance, we provide resilient water management systems to reduce risk, sustain water supplies and protective works, and safeguard communities. Our designs serve clients’ needs for water supply, flood damage reduction, navigation, and recreation.
We are currently looking for a Civil Designer to support critical infrastructure design and construction across the California foothills and mountains. Our projects include levees, canals, flumes, dams and everything else to help solve California’s critical water supply issues. This is an opportunity to work directly with civil, geotechnical, and structural designers to implement creative civil design solutions.
As a Civil Designer, you will perform engineering calculations, technical studies, and prepare plans and specifications for a wide variety of projects, including new dams, dams and spillway rehabilitation, levees, outlet facilities (gates, valves, and piping), culverts and outfalls, open channels, canals and other water conveyance hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, and dam inspections. Occasional field work, which may comprise multi-day or multi-week assignments, is expected.
- Participates in field reconnaissance activities.
- Coordinates with project team to lay out full plan designs, plan details and outlines.
- Performs hydrologic/hydraulic calculations and modeling involved in the evaluation and design of dams, waterways, and associated facilities/structures.
- Performs stability analyses for civil and hydraulic structures.
- Prepares basic plan details, technical specifications, studies and reports, cost estimates and performs basic calculations in support of broader engineering activities.
- Evaluates vendor submissions to assure compliance with specifications.
- Performs field tests & measurements, collects field data.
- Provides assistance and support to proposal teams or proposal managers.
- Regularly interfaces with clients.
- Works in multi-disciplinary teams and follows multiple priorities.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) certification required
- 1 or more years of direct work experience in civil engineering
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with common civil and hydraulic software
- Experience with CADD And GIS design software preferred
Proficiency with standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Member of a professional practice organization preferred
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Roseville, CA; Oakland, CA
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2020-6952