Civil Engineer Job Description
We are looking for an experienced, driven Civil Engineer with a wealth of industry knowledge. To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits and possibly attending council meetings.
The candidate should be a critical thinker and have a sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve engineering problems. You must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors, and clients.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer may be required.
- A minimum of five years’ industry knowledge may be strongly desired.
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCad Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
Full benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k.