Begin your career as a civil engineer with AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS). We are looking for entry-level permanent full-time Civil Engineers in all our offices to work alongside our Project Engineers. It is an opportunity to provide design engineering for residential, industrial, commercial, education, recreational, or public works projects while working closely with the entire team. We believe engineers produce their best work when they have a holistic understanding of how all the disciplines work together so we structure our project teams to encourage collaboration. As an entry-level civil engineer this provides an excellent opportunity to learn from others with more experience while developing your skills. If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization, then youâ€™ll want to consider AKS. Come grow your professional career at AKS!
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering and or Forest Engineering (required)
- EIT (preferred)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, establish priorities
- Assume personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Comfortable networking with clients and colleagues to develop and maintain professional relationships
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Project Engineer, specific responsibilities will include:
- Performing street and utility design per county/city standards and conditions of approval while maintaining good communication with the planning/engineering staff of the jurisdiction to minimize future changes and misunderstandings
- Performing Hydrology/Hydraulic calculations for designing stormwater management systems.
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D drafting including importing points, line work/drafting, generating and modifying horizontal and vertical alignments, grading, performing earthwork calculations, generating and transferring points, etc.
- Generating and compiling submittal packages for land use applications, construction plans, survey records, etc.
- Performing survey/utility research
- Working in the field to learn AKS procedures for construction inspection, construction staking, topographic, and boundary surveys
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested
- Working overtime as needed
- Travelling out of town/overnight as needed
- Driving a company-owned vehicle (must have a valid Driverâ€™s License)
- Doing what needs to be done
Also, AKS values and supports professional licensure. AKS encourages employees to learn and study the engineering and land surveying professions to increase their knowledge and will assist them in attending related seminars and obtaining study materials to prepare for the FE/PE and/or FLS/PLS exams.
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and over 22 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. In 2018, AKS was ranked as the 9th largest engineering firm in the Portland metropolitan area and the 2nd fastest growing engineering firm. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recently recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyoneâ€™s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
Powered by JazzHR